Job Safety Analysis
Keep your wits about you when you’re handling weights…
Creating a Job Safety Analysis (JSA) prior to any lift ensures that the operation is well planned and safety concerns are addressed. Other guidelines for our workforce include:
- Plan the lift and let everyone in the area know the details of that plan
- Inspect lifting equipment regularly
- Find out the weight of the lift and the capacity of the equipment
- Where there are alternatives, never walk or stand under an item being lifted
- For critical lifts a lifting plan may be required.
Safety is paramount to any lifting operation – if in doubt, stop the lift and address any concerns first.
– See more at: https://web.archive.org/web/20160318042353/https://www.gorevega.com/en_GB/news/job-safety-analysis/#sthash.40VhaK7A.dpuf
ISO 9001:2015 certified. 92554-2011-AQ_GBR_UKAS